Friday, November 14, 2014

A little frozen for our freezing weather...

Hi everyone!! If you haven't been living in a cave then you know who I'm talking about when I say "Princess Elsa from Frozen"! My niece (5yrs old) is having a birthday and is in utter love with the newest princess just like every other little girl in the world, lol! I decided to try to make her a card that represented Frozen so I took to the internet. I simply googled "Elsa coloring pages" then clicked on images and had tons of coloring pages to choose from. I simply right clicked the image I wanted and saved it to my pictures on the computer. After that, I opened the picture and simply printed it (I believe wallet sized) onto white cardstock that I had loaded into my home printer. Easy Peasy!!


I started off with a tall folded A2 white card base (4 1/4 X 11) and layered on a piece of metallic silver cardstock and a piece of blue cardstock that I dry embossed with snowflakes. I decided that they needed some shine to them so I brushed the flakes with a metallic silver ink and added little drops of blue stickles. While that dried I made a white panel of snowflakes using the darling little trio of snowflakes from DeNami's snowflake stamp set - stamping it randomly all over the panel then added a little blue stickles to make it really pop. I layered this panel the same way as the base. Good thing I printed off several Elsa's because as you know, the first time or two around in coloring is NOT pretty, lol!! I finally decided how I wanted to color Elsa and did it without mistakes. I wish you could see the shading in her dress, skin & hair and the cool grey I shaded her outline in but the picture just doesn't show it real well, trust me, it's there! ;)  The 3 snowflakes are part of the picture but I decided to add blue and crystal "snowflakes" using yet more stickles to make everything blend and match. After coloring her cape I filled in the whole thing with Crystal stickles for some super sparkle. There's so much sparkle on this card that Emily better wear shades when she opens it, lol!!

Here's the picture I used. Feel free to save it by right clicking and picking "save image as". Have fun coloring!!


Well, that's all for me today...see ya later!!

3 comments:

  1. I am FREAKING OUT over this card!!! I loooooooooove it!!!!!! It is so perfect!!!! Omg OMG omg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute "Frozen" card Tina!! You are right in that every little girl in the world is in love with Frozen. lol I know my granddaughter are! Your card turned out so good, I love the snowflakes embossed and stamped, I think you have nailed the "Frozen" look! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to be one POPULAR aunt when your niece sees this!! Super duper Tina!!

    ReplyDelete